Speakup patched kernel pauses while booting

Dart Vader ak47.ataka at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 11:02:42 EDT 2006

Hi.

When I boot speakup-enabled kernel, after some time of booting it stops
until I press any key. When I press, for example, control key, it
continues booting.
It happens when speakup doesn't speak yet, so I don't know what booting
fase  it is. There is no strange or error messages in "dmesg".
It looks like it is harmless, but...
What do you think?

I've patched debian kernel 2.6.16 (version 2.6.16-15) with speakup CVS
of revision date 2006-06-18:

$ cat /proc/speakup/version
Speakup v-2.00 CVS: Mon May 1 09:46:33 EDT 2006
synth sftsyn version 0.3
$

I've built sftsyn into kernel (I use software synthesizer).
OS: debian testing
processor: AMD K7 duron 1000
mainboard: soltek sl-75drv5
chipset: VIA kt333+VT8233A