hardware question, power button not working on system.

Tyler Littlefield compgeek13 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 16:26:10 EDT 2006

hello list,
I have a problem.
The power button on my linux system doesn't work.
I used to just leave it on like 24-seven, but, that doesn't really work, because the power went off, and now I can't turn it on.
I opened the computer, and I see the wire that goes to the button that I could push to reboot the computer, running to the mother board. then, I found the wire that runs to the power button.
Its a little tiney rectangular plug. It looks like it will fit over two pins, well, I know it will. There is a little formation of pins in a square shape rite above where the reboot chord is plugged in.
Is that where that should go?
If so, how should it plug in?
If not, where should I plug it in?
Thanks,