Speak Freely (reposted with corrections)

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Thu Jan 19 10:15:40 EST 2006

Oops!  I mistyped the cvs lines  in my last message.  Sorry about that.
I'm reposting my message with the lines corrected.  I shouldn't attempt
to write tech stuff when I'm tired I guess.

Hi.  If you want to use the Speakup Speak freely reflecter, then you
want to get our customized version of Speak Freely from
linux-speakup.org.

The commands for getting Speak Freely from the cvs server are:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at linux-speakup.org:/usr/src/CVS login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at linux-speakup.org:/usr/src/CVS checkout speak-freely

The password is please.  Before you issue the commands to get the Speak
Freely source code, make sure you are in the directory above where you
want the Speak Freely source directory to be created.

Make sure you have libreadline and it's associated header files
installed before you try to compile Speak Freely.  You should be able to
compile the source as is, without editing the make file.  Do not try to
use the alsa option in the make file, it is broke, and was never
completed.

Just as a reminder, the Speakup Speak Freely reflecter is at
gene3.ait.iastate.edu:4074.  Our customized version of Speak Freely does
audio mixing, and allows for file transferes, as well as a  chat history
file, and a file-transfere history file.  Have fun!

Gene