advice about Linux and software speech

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Jan 15 12:52:35 EST 2006

You have several options ...

If you have a serial ports, two hardware synths are currently being
made.

There is Speakup support for software speech, and more coming soon.

You may, or may not, be able to install with software speech. With only
one computer, perhaps not. With two, however, there are solutions.

You might want to use Google's advanced page to search through the
archives. All the info you need has been on this list at one time or
another, but putting it all together into a single message isn't
something anyone has done as far as I'm aware. Nor does it appear to be
something anyone is willing to do, even though the question comes up
quite often. Perhaps you'll be the one to document this for the next
person? After you've gathered all the data and solved it for yourself,
of course.