help with speakup kernel and software speech

Scott Berry electronicman1961 at myfreedombox.com
Sat Jan 14 17:42:39 EST 2006

Bill or Janina,

I still have some questions about Fedora.  I followed your steps and
did a rpm -ih kernel#i686 for Fedora Core 4.  I also did the initrd but
do to the way I did some of the rpms I did not get stuff like Festival
on my syste.  Firstly, what software speech synths are supported.
Secondly, I couldn't get to sysimage as this is after installing.  So I
just did an initrd.  Thirdly I am also having brltty issues.  I did rpm
-Uhf brltty-3.7.21-1.i386.rpm.  However I cannot get brltty to start.
Can you tell me do rpms go in their own home similar to Debain?
Secondly, if you want to work on a certain kernel how do you ensure
with the tab that it is proper?  It has been oodles of years since I
worked with any redhat stuff so excuse me if it sounds dumb.

--
Scott Berry
electronicman1961 at myfreedombox.com
Check out my lazy web doodle at:
http://www.myfreedombox.com/users/electronicman1961/

Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info