help with install of debian and speakup!?

Tyler Littlefield compgeek13 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:56:22 EST 2006

OK, I reset the bios with the jumper, and restored defaults, every time I
restart, I got rid of that invalid disk error, but now I see invalid system
disk. Is there a floppy disk or something that will give me a linux-bootable
partition?
Also, how do I know if this computer will boot from cds? is there a way to
get a floppy to start the install? I think there is still some dos installed
on there.
Thanks,