gnopernicus on slackware 10.2?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Jan 13 23:50:09 EST 2006

Not yet.  I tried installing free rock gnome.  Unfortunately free rock
gnome in its current version does not include two gnopernicus dependencies
libxml-2.0 and libxml-dev.  You either get them from elsewhere or no
gnopernicus.  Later I tried with jhbuild from the gnome project.  Several
cvs failures and no closer to a talking gnome.  Next I wipe system
completely and reinstall slackware and go with the other script to get
stable tar balls down and try to build gnome that way.  That's why I got a
three day weekend, but then again lots of other worse ways re available to
spend it so I'll stay with the game and find out if it can be done.