how to install rpms on Fedora Core and how to get software speech working

Scott Berry electronicman1961 at myfreedombox.com
Wed Jan 11 18:36:24 EST 2006

A double shot here folks,

I need to know a couple of things.  How do I install an rpm on Fedora
Core 4?  In particular, I am wanting to install the kernel2.6.13
speakup enabled.  I also need to be able to have Speakup use software
speech.  How is this accomplished the best?  Do I need to download any
speech engines or will I be okay because I have the personal desktop
selection going on my Toshiba notebook?

--
Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info