does the mouse still double as a paste cmd?

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sat Jan 7 16:57:05 EST 2006

Can anyone tell me if the speakup mark-cut-paste feature still uses the
same buffers as the mouse and gpm driver? Quite a while ago that was the
case. When you had marked and cut a block from the screen, you could
right-click to paste it, just like using the speakup paste command.

I think my mouse died, and I'm looking for a definitive test.

I'm trying to get an x window system installed and am ready to test it,
but I get no action from the mouse, and neither does it mimic  the
speakup paste command in text mode.

So would someone with a recent speakup and a connected mouse please give
that a try for me? Or maybe Kirk or someone has the answer.

I am only doing this because I am a nice guy!

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh