help with no sound?

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Mon Feb 20 02:06:54 EST 2006

Hello,
I made the same mistake, thinking the audigy cards will work.
It was sold to us as a sound blaster live.  To get it to work you need to
install kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3spk.
Kudzu will then pick up the card.  on the old machine I had it in, the
sound was too fast and crackled.
Another problem is that it also did not seem to support receiving multiple
audio streams at once like the original sb live does.
By the way it uses the snd-ca0106 module as it does not use the emu10k1
chip.
I think it is a good card, but the software is not there yet.
I have put a older sb-live card in the machine to solve my problem in the
mean while.
I have also at some stage installed the fc4 speakup-modified kernel trying
to get a later version of the driver, but that had a lot of other
side-effects involving udev.
It also did not solve the problem.
If any one had better results, please let me
know?
Regards, Willem