Firefox 3 RPMS Available

Richard Wells richwels at myfreedombox.com
Wed Dec 27 22:00:46 EST 2006

Hello,

I am just now getting around to trying this upgrade. It was not
successful. I attempted to use yum upgrade firefox...rpm using the
proper file name of course. Here is what the last part of the attempt produced:

--> Processing Dependency: libxpcom.so for package: firefox-devel
--> Processing Dependency: libxpcom.so for package: gnome-python2-gtkmozembed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom.so is needed by package libswt3-gtk2
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom.so is needed by package epiphany
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom_core.so is needed by package firefox-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkembedmoz.so is needed by package yelp
Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkembedmoz.so is needed by package devhelp
Error: Missing Dependency: firefox = 1.5.0.9-1.fc6 is needed by package
firefox-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom_core.so is needed by package epiphany
Error: Missing Dependency: libmozjs.so is needed by package firefox-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.0.9 is needed by package yelp
Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkembedmoz.so is needed by package
gnome-python2-gtkmozembed
Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.0.9 is needed by package epiphany
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom.so is needed by package yelp
Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkembedmoz.so is needed by package epiphany
Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.0.9 is needed by package devhelp
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom_core.so is needed by package yelp
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom.so is needed by package devhelp
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom.so is needed by package firefox-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libxpcom.so is needed by package
gnome-python2-gtkmozembed

It looks like I am missing a bunch of libraries or something. This is a
complete install of FC6 with all updates.

Thanks for any guidance here.