usb to serial adapter or cable

randy turner rturner222 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 22 13:04:47 EST 2006

hi Guy,
sad to say for some reason those pci
serial cards don't work on the standard irq and port address
i tried to set one up a month ago to see if it would work for me.
the card would only setup for irq 10 and ttyS3
that will not work with speakup.
from what i understand from others is that the serial com 1 card
needs to be built in to the mother board
other wise it won't see it as a standard serial card.
it is bad that they say those serial card will work in linux
because that is really not the case in some situations.
have a good one.
randy turner