network problems and happy holidays

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Dec 22 08:48:31 EST 2006

Hello folks:  This morning about 5:15 our main gateway machine had a
hardware failure and took the entire network down.  I let it cool down
for about 45 minutes after repeated failed attempts to bring the
machine back online, it finally booted.  I suspect that this machine
will probably crap out again very shortly so wanted to let people know
not to be surprised if linux-speakup.org and reisers.ca and
nondescript.ca become unavailable in the near future.

I will attempt to get the machine looked at by my technician but this
is the wrong time of the year to have hardware problems.  When it goes
down again I will try to get it up and running as quickly as possible.

I will also take this opertunity to wish everyone a happy holiday
season and hope things are well with all.  It has been a busy year and
I want to thank everybody that has helped volunteer with all of our
various projects.

  Kirk