fc6 disk -99 error

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Fri Dec 8 14:21:03 EST 2006

Well, I've just tried another FC6 installation, this time using the CD's I
first used on Tuesday night.  Once again I got the message that a package
"cannot be opened."  In this instance, the package was
openoffice.org-impress-2.0.4-5.5.3.i386.rpm.

I did a retry rather than a reboot this time, and quickly was told, "Please
insert Fedora Core disc -99 to continue."  I tried each of the other four
CD's to see what happened, and was told each time that it was the wrong CD.

I stress that I checked both sets of images three times, first with sha1sum
on the hard drive, then with sha1sum on the CD's, then using the checking
process offered after you boot up with the first CD.

This is sure strange is only some of us are getting this punch in the face.
I guess I should be a bit relieved that it's not just me.

Al