eSpeak - version 1.12 release

Jonathan Duddington jsd at clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 05:50:36 EDT 2006

In article <20060830011356.GA1847 at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>,
   Tyler Spivey <tspivey at pcdesk.net> wrote:

> I think espeak as a sapi synth would be useful in windows. I'm
> learning Esperanto, and trying to read it using the english rules of
> most synths is quite annoying.

How well is eSpeak's Esperanto doing?  I keep making small changes
(including some in the lastest version, 1.13), but I'm mostly just
guessing.

> I got it to compile under windows
> using mingw, but that was a while ago. I recall the only major
> problem was the fmemopen function, which I finally decided to take
> out, losing some functionality.

That's been fixed now.  The latest version doesn't use fmemopen() but
achieves the same result by other means.