Updated Debian kernels

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Fri Aug 25 11:30:10 EDT 2006

Just a few ideas.
Go in with one of the speak-up enabled rescue disks and mount your
partition where /boot is on.
Check if the entries for root refer to the correct partition.
That fdisk report about different disk giometry is kind of normal and I
would not suspect that it has much to do with the problem.
HTH, Willem