[getting a more up to date kernel for debian]

Rylan Vroom blind_man4220 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 09:14:48 EDT 2006

Yes, I may sound stupid, but when I saw that package, I noticed that there were no header files or source for that kernel. I have also noticed that the 2.6.8 one that comes as a debian stock kernel with speakup is also missing these files. It has been a bit of a pain for me because I primarily use speakup on a wifi enabled laptop, and it is impossible to install things like madwifi without the headers. So, I ended up compiling my own kernel, and if you get it right, everything works... smile. Furthermore jude, though compiling can be a bit of a trial, it is sometimes better to do so because you can make it smaller and tailor it spacifically to your box.