grml and ubuntu worlds apart!

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Aug 14 16:46:48 EDT 2006

Yesterday I had some sighted assistance with ubuntu 6.06 accessible
version and we got as far as disk partitioning and the system insisted on
doing it automatically or so it seemed.  What it actually did was to go
into deep space automatically and never return even after 3.5 hours of
waiting.  This was on a vintage 1999 dell dimension tower computer and the
sighted assistance had been installing things as far back as the days when
Minix was the system to try.  The ubuntu disk passed integrity check with
flying colors before not doing the install on a 120GB hard drive too.
Grml on the other hand which also passed a disk integrity test the night
before took me about five minutes to figure out how to get it talking and
the speech came up so fast after post and the boot line being keyed in it
was surprising.  Maybe ubuntu has better luck next time I don't know we
may know by November.  Chuck, thanks much for the tip on the sources.list
file.