usb keyboards

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sun Aug 6 12:34:42 EDT 2006

I don't think there's anything special you have to do...used a compaq
"internet" whatever that means USB keyboard with a linux machine a
while back and didn't have any problems.  Think I was running
slackware 9.0 on it with stock kernel and it all worked fine.
On Sun, Aug
06, 2006 at
12:17:46PM -0400, Scott Howell wrote:
> Folks, was curious, I have a machine that currently has a keyboard
> connected to the ps2 port. I believe its possible to change the bios
> to see a usb keyboard, but have to check into that. In any event,
> assuming I can do this, what do I need to do to get the kernel to see
> I'm using a usb keyboard; anything special beyond adding that into
> the kernel? Is there any problems I may encounter by doing this? I'd
> like to use a kvm instead of dragging a keyboard out and balancing it
> just to use my Linux box.
>
> tnx
>
> Scott
> s.howell at verizon.net

MS-DOS, you can't live with it, you can live without it.
	-- from Lars Wirzenius' .sig