need something better than wget!

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Apr 29 18:45:52 EDT 2006

I've been repeatedly failing to download the current speakup_netinst
debian release from the people.debian.org/~shane/ web site.  I used
tries=0 as one of the wget options and even this gets me iso's that fail
integrity checks every time.  The install process consistently breaks on
both speakup and speakup26 just as the installer is about to partition the
disk using guided partitions and selecting a desktop type machine.  Is the
integrity check actually supposed to succeed with this distribution?  If
so, I need to find something far more effective than wget as respects file
download integrity.