Scheduling downloads

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Fri Apr 21 20:23:41 EDT 2006

Hi All

My ISP requests that I schedule downloads during off peak hours and as I'm looking at downloading a DVD image, I'm wondering how I can start my download.

Of course I could wait until midnight and start the download but I wondered if there was a more automated way.  Even to stop at 08:00 and resume the following midnight.  I know that I could use cron but I would need to specify a time and the download location, which seems a little scary.  I'd usually use lftp but maybe another client might offer a solution?  Just thought, might wget do the job?  Any suggestions anyone?

Gena

--
2E0AXU

Blindness Advocacy Self Help (BASH Online)
bashonline-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux