Listen-Up and CVS

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Tue Apr 18 03:08:21 EDT 2006

Listen-up works with some books.
You have to start it like:
listen-up dirname
where dirname is the directory containing the ncc.html file.
You then go in and enter as you stand on the file option in the menu mode.
You then choose open with the up and down arrows and press enter.
It should start talking/reading the book.
Note, If you are using software speech and your pc does not support two
audio streams at once, you might have problems.
Just before pressing enter on the open option, you can turn speakup off
with speakup-enter.
I think, implementing the find option would help a lot.  There was also
some talk on replacing osalp with some or other cross-platform audio
library.
HTH, Willem