hardware that needs a new home

Scott Howell s.howell at verizon.net
Sun Apr 9 07:24:24 EDT 2006

Folks, got the go ahead for this so wanted you to know that in advance.

I've got a small pile of hardware that I'd not necessarily like to
make a million on, but would at least like to recover shipping costs
and make a dollar or two in order to pay off my wife.grin Ay she's
transporting the stuff. I'll ship mostly via USPS unless you have a
real desire for it to go UPS.
Here is what I got so make me a reasonable offer.

1. complete system and would like it to go that way unless there are
no takers.
Dual PIII 550 on an MSI mother board w/manual for board, Adaptec
2950UW2 scsi card, 256Mb ram, 20Gb hd, floppy, internal DoubleTalk-Pc
and/or internal Accent board setup as an external synth at this point
both currently in the box, Antec mid-tow case w/following configuration.

Case has 4 5.25 exposed bays, 2 exposed 3.5 bays, 4 internal 3.5 bays
(note 3.5 bays are in removable cages and all 5.25 bays are outfited
with rails for easy removal of devices), 400 watt power supply,
plenty of fans, one in 3.5 cage, one at bottom front, two at rear
below power supply, door covering 5.25/3.5 exposed bays w/lock, and a
very very durable case. All components work, but selling as is. This
stuff is not brand new. The mother board is an MSI 6120 with two ps2
ports, 2 serial, 1 parallel, no sound, 1 agp slot, 4 pci and 2 isa
slots, one pci/isa slots are shared, standard ide supports up to
30Gb, but a flash will take it beyond this I have not done it, I
don't hae the means to make a boot floppy for dos, has one scsi cdrom
and can include a scsi cdrw burner Plexstor 12X burner, and manuals
for most of the stuff. This hardware is no longer needed and don't
want to just toss it. I'd like to mention the machine will handle up
to 800Mhz processors and they are slot 1.
I also have a usb multi-card reader that is an internal 3.5 device,
but I've not been able to get this to work on my other box. I think
the internal usb port connector on the board isn't operating. Tis is
a different machine I'm referring to, but the reader as far as I know
works fine. I should also mention in the dual cpu box I do have a
3Com 900 which is supported by Linux, actually all the hardware in
the box is supported by Linux. If you want a distro installed, I can
do that, currently it doesn't have one installed and oh yes of course
it does have 2 usb 1 ports. I've also a couple of nics which are
Dlink cards and are supported by Linux. If anyone is interested in
this stuff and would like to make an offer, please let me know. The
machine will cost a few bucks to ship, its pretty heavy and will be
packed extremely well and insured.

tnx

Scott