apple's screen reader (was New Linux PDA For Blind People)

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Mon Apr 3 11:06:21 EDT 2006

Already addressed, but here's a partial list.
To replace itunes, you can use:
vlc, quicktime, real player, audacity, audio hijack,  and various
command-line utilities if you don't mind using the terminal application.
This is of course, only a partial list, depending on what you were
planning on using ITunes for.  If you want the itunes store, there's
nothing to replace it, unless you use audible, since most of it's
content is available on the itunes store.  However, in general itunes
can be avoided except in the case of a very few specialized tasks
such as playing audible content since audible has an itunes plugin
that allows playing audible content on the mac.