New Linux PDA For Blind People

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Apr 1 12:01:30 EST 2006

Darragh, this time I think you're wrong.

Of course the developers of the Icon want to make money. They couldn't
survive as a business if they didn't. But the developer of this product
is one of us. He developed the device he wants to use himself. Ya'all
will get to decide whether his needs sufficiently resemble other blind
persons needs so that the business can succeed, of course.

So, it's not quite "good ness of heart," as you postulate the
alternatives, but something far strong--namely self-interest.