Dectalk speech

Jim Grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 25 02:19:04 EDT 2005

Sorry I  have been  not been of help to you so far. First witch hardware
device do you have.  If you have the express you may not need to update
your firmware at all. The express will speak the firmware version when
you turn it on.  If it is 4.2b or latter no need to update it to work
with speakup.
If you are using the dectalk pc you will need to get the Linux modgels
for it.
To install the dectalk express firmware you will need access to a dos
based computer or one able to run a dos box.  There is no way I know of
to update the firmware using Linux.
Unpack the zip file for the firmware of the express you want to use
pkunzip will do this if you are having problems using the self
extracting file.
Then run the install program.
View the readme file for instruction on updating your express.
Hth
Hth