nfs file mounting

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Sep 23 13:16:15 EDT 2005

I don't understand kernel based vs. traditional nfs. Be that as it may:

Can you mount from another Linux box? In other words, take the OS issue
out for the moment.

What does /var/log/messages say? Or your OS equivalent thereof?

Is portmap running?

In addition to exports, what params are you passing attempting to mount?
I would presume you have statements on the client side in /etc/fstab
similar to the following:

192.168.1.1:/home /home nfs _netdev,auto,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14

Need more data to be helpful, I'm afraid.