nfs file mounting

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 23 07:56:23 EDT 2005

Folks,

I'm trying to mount a directory over the network from my Linux box to my
Mac. I have setup nfs in the kernel which I'm using the kernel nfs
instead of the traditional nfs tools and hopefully this doesn't make any
difference. In any event I setup the exports file per the man pages and
got no complaints when running exports. What I can't seem to do is get
it to mount and I get an error that says the directory on that machine
doesn't exist. Ok not the exact words, but this is essentially what the
problem is. I'm sure cause I have gotten nfs to work in the past, that I
am overlooking something and probably something simple. What would cause
the nfs to mount to fail?
I am not sure, but I believe as this is built into the kernel I'm not
going to use the rpc daemon, but maybe I'm wrong and if so, please let
me know.

tia
Scott