web hosting

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 17 21:25:08 EDT 2005

Folks, thank you for answering my questions for hosting and VOIP. I
for sure didn't like AT&T, Verizon, nor Vonage. Vonage is into pressure
sales, but that doesn't bother me all that much, they couldn't offer me
an exchange that wasn't ld from my location, but again not a big deal,
but the thing that really clinched it was well no I lied its two things,
but one is the topper of all. First the fact I couldn't provide my own
adapter annoyed me, but the real looloo was they provided two different
sotries and I call them lies.
First one gal said there were no taxes and I could cancel in the first 6
months, first 4 months or whatever and there was no fees etc. Well the
fact from another gal is that not only is their a setup fee wich if you
took the unlimited plan $40.84, you did pay taxes, and if you canceled
in the first 12 months, there's a disconnection fee of about $40 and you
have to return the adapter. I was so pist that I got the two different
sotries and what really added to this is the fact that if you act now,
they'll enroll you, yes enroll you for the 30-day money back guarantee.
Now how's that for a kicker.
I really think its one thng to get the facts up front, but quite another
to get wholey different stories and if I had gone with the first gal and
ordered, I'd have gotten quite a shock.
So Asterisk or other vendor is what I'll look into. I just want to
figure out how to wire my house so all outlets for phones are included.
I have a cordless phone system with two sets, but may just have to get
another so I have them in the rooms I need instead of trying to rewire
the place.

tnx
Scott