Linux, online confrences, and IRC portals?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Sep 13 18:25:43 EDT 2005

Hi chuck,
I think you are working from the idea that i need a major long term
solution, and that the owners intend to change their protocol to exclude
whatever third party option I discover.  None of this is firmly true.  In
fact I have  a feeling they do not even know of the problem.

I will have to go back and look for the names of those third party
options, but as the agency's site is hosted there until that host tells me
they do not wish to help us, i cannot suggest that they move their chat.
Interestingly enough even the  less vision challenged to sighted windows
and  mac users have problems with
this  host's client, so it is not just me.  I want to be certain I cannot
on the one hand, find a short term solution, the conference is only once a
month, and on the other see if we can find a solution that helps more
people, without as sean said, reeventing the wheel.
I am going to speak to the host company myself tomorrow.  what i really
hope to have by then  are the options that can be integrated if possible,
or the options that may be workable that they have not considered.
The company is called webcrossing and they are based in the bay area.
I believe you would better understand why i just cannot have the entire
nonprofit international broadcasting group  move if you visit the agency's
site. airmedia.org

Thanks,
Karen