Linux, online confrences, and IRC portals?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Sep 13 09:52:59 EDT 2005

Charles,
I am trying to follow this in the context of my question.
Are you suggesting that one of these avenues, one of the networks you
referenced, may have a portal structure in place that might let me visit.

interact.airmedia.org

and access their chat/conference client there, which is proprietory  java
based, and not a messing service?
I realize you have said you do not know much, but is this in part what
you are suggesting
I need no irc client there is a fine one here at shellworld.  However at
the moment there is no irc portal that connects to this site, and i am not
sure if one can be created.
That falls under the reeventing the wheel category perhaps.
thanks,
Karen