OT: Linux, online confrences, and IRC portals?

Ann K. Parsons akp at eznet.net
Tue Sep 13 06:30:14 EDT 2005

Hi Karen,

Actually, a discussion of this kind is a worthy one for this list.  I
don't know the technical details, but having explored the
possibilities of using the TCConference software in Linux, I can
understand your frustration.

What client is this?  Who makes it?  Is it under the GPL?   These
would be my first questions to ask.  If it's under the GPL, making a
port would be easy.  If it isn't, then you got problems.   I
understand that TCConference works in Linux, for example, but you must
run X, and you must have a way to access it, either Gnome or something
else.  Developers of TCConference haven't been exactly forthcoming
about just how their client works in Linux.  These are problems I am
facing.  I imagine you're in the same boat, though with a different
software.

I'd really like to see a discussion of this problem and how it gets
solved.  So, I'm pleading for folks not to take it off-list.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
Skype:  Putertutor
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT