errors with make file

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Tue Oct 25 06:56:04 EDT 2005

Hello,
I don't know if I'm just wasting everyone's time by writing this without the
actual error message but here goes anyway.

If I get errors during make about files that cant be overridden without
actually printing the file names that are causing the problem what is the
best way to go about resolving the problem?

I'm still trying to get this blasted speech-dispatcher program installed.
Yesterday I found out why dotconf libraries were not found. I was trying to
install 1.13 and I needed 1.10. Now its complaining that flite shared
libraries can not be found. I have flite installed from an rpm but the
-enable-shared-libraries option must not have been enabled so I've
uninstalled the rpm and tried installing the latest version from source.
The configure process went ok but make gave an error like cannot overwrite
file. I don't have the exact message with me as I'm not in work until 2.

For some reason though in an act of desperation I tried make install on that
and then tried the configure file for speech-dispatcher. For some reason
that worked but the make process gave out about missing files so I assume
its because I've cheated with the installation of flite.

Any suggestions?

As you can probably tell, I'm still very much a newby at all this but thanks
to Novell I've learned a hell of a lot in the past three months.

Darragh