Changing CDROM Device

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sat Oct 22 13:59:40 EDT 2005

You might want to check your /dev/cdrom link, and make sure it points
to the new drive device/location.  When you are ready to make the
change, you will need to remove the old /dev/cdrom link with `rm`, and
then create a new symbolic link with `ln -s /dev/hdd /dev/cdrom`.  If
there is another file which needs changing, it might be specific to
your distribution of Linux--I am not aware of any such file if it
exists.

HTH, and have a _great_ day!