Strange Kernel Problem

Rejean Proulx rejp at gta.igs.net
Sat Oct 22 12:04:09 EDT 2005

Hello Speakup,

I have a strange problem.

I boot using oralux and HDA as well as hdb look good. the fstab looks
good.  In HDA I have a linux directory and a linuxold folder with my
new and old kernel.

Here is the thing. When I  boot using hard drive it eventually says
lilo  after which I type 2. It still boots up 2.6.9 kernel. I try
again only this time I type linuxold and it still boots up my current
kernel. It is interesting that when I type, it does not show on the
screen, so it is possible that lilo is not receiving the command.

My keyboard obviously works or I wouldn't be able to use oralux.

It obviously gets to HDA but I wonder if it gets to my lilo.conf on
hdb or at least it doesn't recognize my linuxold option.

I am doing all this to try to boot to my old kernel because my
existing kernel mounts the HDB file system in read only mode and
mounts nothing else. When it boots it says none as a prompt. It just
seems to bring up the kernel and nothing else. It doesn't process my
fstab as nothing is mounted except HDB in read only mode.

--
Best regards,
 Rejean                          mailto:rejp at gta.igs.net
Skype id: rproulx