installing fc4

Scott Berry electronicman1961 at myfreedombox.com
Thu Oct 20 14:09:41 EDT 2005

Hi Jeremy,

I can tell you that if you go to ftp://ftp.linux-speakup.org and then
go to /pub/speakup/disks/fedora/4.   This then brings you in to the
list which shows rpms and srpms.  If you are not familiar with srpms I
would suggest that you ask about them.  As I understand it srpms are
development rpms.  However, you want to go to the rpm section.  In here
you need to identify what type of system you have.  For example, if you
have a 586 that I believe is a lower Pentium machine but if you have a
686 that is I believe current.  I can't tell you though how to install
them because I have some questions myself which I will attach here.

First, is the Speakup modified kernel ready to rock and roll for
software speech.  My  other question is the saqme as yours how does
this rpm get installed I know it is something like:  rpm blank but not
sure of the syntax.  Original message: