Debian question

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 19 16:57:03 EDT 2005

Thanks CHuck and yes I wish I had those packages installed, but I've
been lucky till now. I have never had a problem with the external
doubletalk until now either so what has broken the works, I can't
imagine, but its incredibly odd that its during the time at which
Speakup probes the ports. That makes me wonder if it has anything at
all to do with the upgrade or not. I thought I had a pretty good idea
of how the box boots, but I wonder if I'm missing something here. I
know when speaking to Kirk, he wasn't sure either what could cause
this unless a piece of hardware went flaky on me, but that doesn't
make snese either. I can put a Knoppix cd in there and boot with
speech no problem so I really am at a loss.

Scott