Installing speakup from CVS

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Oct 13 21:40:50 EDT 2005

1, place your directory with the patched speakup kernel source in a directory
under /usr/src
2, make a softlink called linux and link it to that directory.  If you already
have a softlink called linux remove it first.
3, now you should be able to cd /usr/src/linux and pwd should return the name of
the directory where your patched kernel source lives.
5, make the kernel in a method conforming with your distrobution.  Someone else
can tell you how to make it for a 64 bit system if you are not currently on a 64
bit system.  Usually the process starts with makemenuconfig
At this point there are a few different commands you must do and they differ
depending on whether this is 2.4 or 2.6 kernel. Read the kernel howto again.
You did that already right?
the install script for speakup applies to the tarball the checkout script should
apply the patches.