Installing speakup from CVS

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Thu Oct 13 17:30:23 EDT 2005

Hello,
I have speakup downloaded from CVS however I couldn't use the checkout script as I had to get someone who wasn't behind a firewall to send it to me.

I have a question.  from where do I run the install script that comes with the speakup archive? if I run it from /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/speakup it says "cp cannot stat 'speakup': no such file or directory.  I assume I'm suppose to run it from there as the archive extracted with that structure.  I've tried running it from /usr/src/speakup as well but that returns the same error.

I'm working on getting it up and running on another 64 bit machine and was hoping I could learn a bit more by doing it using the CVS version.

I've tried trailing through the CVS script but I get lost in the list. I thought it might have to be run from /usr/src/linux but That didn't give me much joy either.

Any help apreciated.

Darragh