Dec-Talk Pitch-and-rate?

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Oct 8 12:04:11 EDT 2005

Hi.  These are mostly bugs in the DecTalk firmware.  I have had the sudden
speed changes in both Windows and Linux.  The problem where you start
hearing quotes before a capital letter seems to be Linux-specific.  I
haven't narrowed it down for sure, but I suspect that it is in the
speakupconf script.  The way I've fixed it when it happened to me was to
modify the caps_start and caps_stop files.  Simply remove all the quotes
from the beginning and end of the strings.