Dec-Talk Pitch-and-rate?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Oct 8 11:08:42 EDT 2005

Hi all on my last full day in this location.  I still notice with the dectalk
usb unit, while arrowing down in screen review, many times the pitch-and rate
suddenly get knocked down.  At that point I must go to the speakup functions
which ajust these.  I must press each of those once--and my settings are back
the way I want them, rate 7 and pitch around 149.
Unrelated, I went in the list of charactors and made some changes, so for
example, when I type 9 it says niner.  Well, for some reason any capital letter
I type, it now says quote in a loer voice before saying the letter I type.  So
if I type a shift s   it would say quote s quote
Also, remember quite some weeks ago I asked about some strange behavior of
dectalk reading the pine index, well, I spoke with a programmer at Access
Solutions--and he says its a bug in the engine--and he will try-and-fix it.
This is where its saying dates and message numbers in reverse order, so for a
message 1 on october 8  it might  say
>- 1 Oct 8
October first 8
Thanks in advance