interact.airmedia.org chat

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 7 09:47:35 EDT 2005

Hi there,
You know, I have always heard that it would take an entire re-write of
the code for lynx the cat to have Java script or even Java enabled.  I am
no programmer, but if i were I would do this as marketing it as a welcome
alternative to some of the more  troublesome browsers would be  a breeze.
many have heard of Lynx, although few keep up with its changes even into
the ssl stages.  I would even help a programmer get paid to do  the work
if I knew a programmer willing to do it.
In any case.

Actually you were a great help, as you have confirmed what we already
know.  Webcrossing has in  been in the past several days re-working the
chat client, it is not in place at air yet,  to remove  the Java setup and
replace it with javascript.  we do know the difference, grin.  Given that
my setup of both links and e-links  are on shellworld, and that even
e-links here has trouble with javascript places, i needed to  be sure that
it was not my setup having the conflict.
webcrossing has setup a Unix box running the freebds <misspelling> server with links to
test their re-created  chat client.  I am told that actually both options
are enabled, Java and Java script, but that the former is creating a
conflict.
The last test option they sent me worked flawlessly with links  and it has
only the javascript not the Java.
If you want to be complete in your research, I  can send you privately the
link and password to this demo.  it is not on the air site.
Thanks again for confirming that it is not my setup.
Karen