highlight tracking problem

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Wed Oct 5 16:39:26 EDT 2005

Hello, firstly, thanks to Bill acker for all his help. without it I'd be still listening to my hard disk to see if my system had finished booting!

Now, I'm using the version of speakup from August with the highlight tracking.  When I turn this on in yast and press the down arrow my system freezes.  It seems like a great feature and I was really looking forward to using it with yast.  Any ideas why it could be completely locking my system?  the only way I can get anything out of it is by turning off the power. i cant even get to another console.

By the way, I'm using SuSE 10 on a 64 bit system.

Thanks again Bill, I owe you one!

Darragh