best javascript?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Oct 4 17:17:02 EDT 2005

I wonder if javascript support wasn't compiled and linked into the
browser? that would have be done by the administrator since you're on
the shell account.  One little secret about text input fields.  This is
also configurable, but whenever the cursor is on a text entry field, use
your reading keys to look at the status line at the bottom of the page.
If it says something like "text entry field - press enter to type," then
hit the enter key and then you will be in the input mode to fill in the
field.  Then just down arrow to the next field on the form.  I get
tripped up on this fairly often but over all, I prefer this because in
lynx the cat, I often would almost be stuck in these fields if a page
was full of input fields.  This way, if you ended up on a page that had
a lengthy form, you can hit the space bar even on a text entry field and
you will be scrolled past most, if not all the form.  It takes getting
used to I guess.

The options can be gotten to by pressing F9 key and right arrowing over
to Settings.  Then down arrow from there.  It looks a bit daunting at
first but there's a lot there.  You expand the options tree by hitting
the space bar.  The '+' sign will turn into a '-' sign and then the
options are expanded; use the space bar to toggle this back to a closed
position.  The bookmarks pane works this way too.  This is the closest
thing I've seen in character based Linux to a treeview.