Routing Multiple Inbound IP Addresses -- How?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 30 13:31:10 EST 2005

Dawes, Stephen writes:
> The problem that you may be having is that you have not initialized your
> nic with all of the external ip-addresses. eth0:0 for the first one, and
> eth0:1 for the next in line etc.
> Eth0 is the interface, and the :X indicates all of the locations for the
> ipaddresses.

Duh, stick head in pail of water twice and pull out once.

But of course. I didn't do this before restarting iptables with the new
rules. Will remedy and test tonight.

PS: I don't want to do this during the day because the box serves my
business, including my phones.

> A friend of mine has done what you are trying to do on his ip-tables. I
> can see if he wants to share his set-up with us. The only problem is he
> is out of town until next Monday.

No problem. If this is still an issue Monday, I will appreciate his
wisdom. Thanks.

			Janina