mc menu movement

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sat Nov 26 05:18:32 EST 2005

I have been exploring midnight commander and would like to get
comfortable with it. One problem that makes it difficult is that when
invoking the menus with F9 and then moving horizontally from one menu
title to another, the spoken item seems to be not the one being
selected, but the one being left behind. In other words, if "file" is
selected and I press right arrow expecting to move to "command", the
name "file" is spoken, not the name "command", although checking the
colors of the menu names shows that file is no longer highlighted and
command is.

Have I neglected to configure something that affects this behavior? Does
anyone else see this? Vertical movement seems to track the highlight bar
okay, it seems to be only horizontal movement that is a challenge to
follow.

I am composing this message using nano, and I notice that with highlight
tracking selected instead of cursor tracking, I get the same peculiar
behavior when moving the cursor left and right across some text within
nano. So I guess maybe it's a bug in highlight tracking.

Chuck

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh