Alsa and Intel 810 chipset

Keith Watson Kwatson at smed.yi.org
Sat May 14 00:57:23 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am attempting to get alsa working with my piece of bovine kaka
intel chipset. I have made some progress in that I am now able to
play multiple audio sources by using the alsa-oss wrapper. I have
yet to compile mplayer, but did install zinf and this is where I
am running into problems. Without running zinf through the
wrapper it cannot find the audio device, which suggests that it
is still trying to use the oss stuff even though I have installed
the alsa plugin. I guess my question is, has anyone yet attempted
to get zinf running with the alsa-oss wrapper?

Thanks,

Keith