alsa-driver-1.0.6

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed May 11 08:21:50 EDT 2005

The code in that package produces cascading errors when I make it on this
machine.  Before I do a syntax check I'll download the FC3 SRpMs and
install them to see if their presence will help clear these errors.  If
that fails and that's a distinct probability, perhaps using
alsa-driver-1.0.8 at least for the next update might be a good idea.
That built with no errors as did the rest of the alsa packages until I ran
alsaconfig and having found the correct card when it tried playing a sound
came back with an error 1267 cannot find any cards, I wish this software
could have caught that and provided more useful error information earlier.
Has anyone else on this list had better luck getting this package actually
playing sound with an snd-ens1371 card?  Last night I was using the
instructions that came off the alsa-project web site itself for this card
and never made it past the first make on alsa-driver-1.0.6