Off topic gnopernicus and debian

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Wed May 11 04:20:01 EDT 2005

Hi,
Well I have been a good boy and have read everything I can find on this
subject.  But the fact of the matter is that everytime I install
gnopernicus with debian I get nothing.
I install it using the apt-get install gnopernicus -y
Command
It installs just fine.  Also it installs festival and I do a
apt-show-versions on the dependencies  and they are all there.
So using gdm I log in to gnome.
Hit alt+f2 run gnopernicus the system beeps.
I enable access support.  Then I log out and log back in.
Run it again and no speech.   No error.
Comes up.
My sighted father when I was up there said nothing showed as being
wrong. Both computers I loaded it on did not work.
So I guess the question is any one have any idea why not?
Should I get gnome 2.10 and get the source for gnopernicus and see if it
works.  Is the version of festival that comes with debian to old for
gnome-speech to use?  Speech dispatcher seems to work with it just fine.

Also how do I tell gnopernicus to use my dectalk software version 5?
Is there a manual out there that explains all this shit in plain simple
tmers so I can get this working?
Thanks