upgrading zipslack to server equivelent?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Tue May 10 11:47:52 EDT 2005

Well, you have a couple of options open to you.

1. Migrate your zipspeak install from the fat/fat32 partition where
it currently resides to its own ext2/ext3 partition, and just add the
packages you need to it. There is an answer in the zipslack/zipspeak
FAQ which gives you step-by-step instructions on how to put
zipslack/zipspeak (just zipslack from now on), on to its own
partition, I'd suggest you go read that). You can then install the
packages you need for your zipslack version. For example, if your
version of zipslack is 10.1, then you'd install packages from
slackware 10.1 onto your zipslack 10.1 system. Some of the stuff you
want to install may not be available as a slackware package, so you'll
need to compile those things from source.

2. Forget the zipslack migration route, and simply grab iso images
for slackware or another distro off the web, and do a fresh install of
a full distro. Hth.

Greg